Desert Canyon Elementary School
Engaging, Educating and Empowering Every Student Every Day!
Desert Canyon Elementary School provides a safe, caring, developmentally appropriate environment that enhances dignity and honors diversity while challenging all students to meet their intellectual and creative potential.
All students are offered the highest academic challenge that is meaningful and relevant.
OUR SCHOOL COMMUNITY WILL:
- Have high academic expectations which are supported by a basic foundation of skills
- Anticipate the future needs of the child in a changing world.
- Have the opportunity to participate in school decision making
- Support and maintain a safe environment
- Provide a climate of honest, consistent and clear communication.
- Offer clear and simple on-going ways for parent and community involvement
- Reward, recognize, and celebrate learning
- Demonstrate DCES PR-R-R-I-D-E!
OUR TEACHERS WILL:
- Make decisions based on what is best for kids.
- Teach concepts, processes and essential skills that meet and exceed district curriculum standards.
- Provide learning experiences for all types of learners.
- Encourage children to be appropriate risk takers.
- Establish and maintain a safe and nurturing learning environment.
- Challenge all learners to realize their highest potential through meaningful learning experiences.
- Clearly present high academic goals and behavior expectations.
- Embrace professional growth.
- Communicate openly and often with the school community.
- Be a cooperative member of a cohesive team.
Information provided by SUSD.org
Go to “Guide to McDowell Mountain Ranch”